Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Embracing our differences

I often say to my kids, "If we were all the same, the world would stand still and be quite boring!"  Growing up I always felt this to be true, even though I would hear others berate someone for doing something a different way or have a different way of thinking.  I would think, "It's okay that they have their way and I have mine."  We can all be right.  And it's not even a question of being right or wrong.  It's all about embracing ourselves and one another for who we are.  We all are born into this life with differences that are more than skin deep.  Our desires, ambitions, thinking, emotions, intellect, ability, tastes, down to our favorite color are all meant to be different (read first sentence again).  Our differences allow us to grow and learn from one another, encouraging new thoughts and considerations.  Our differences allow some of us to be leaders and others to be artists.  The most important thing is to really love ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment